- Muscat: The Ministry of Finance has confirmed that it is continuing to implement Value Added Tax in compliance with the GCC Unified Agreement, which requires its implementation by all GCC members.
- Greater compliance due to new legal aspects such as country-by-country reporting and Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (Beps), increased spending for Expo 2020, and more companies listing for value-added tax (VAT) will help the UAE to increase its revenues through VAT by up to 30 percent this year, say tax experts.
- Expatriates, as well as businesses, have hailed the UAE\\\'s visa reforms that allow men under their family\\\'s sponsorship to get work permits.
- Dubai: Tourists who enjoy a tipple can now purchase their own alcohol and consume it after obtaining a 30-day licence issued to them to them free of cost.
- Dubai: The fees for more than 1, 500 federal government services have been slashed as per a Cabinet decision to enhance the competitiveness of national economy and cut the cost of doing business in the country.